[UrJTAG-dev] urjtag in Debian
Geert Stappers
2016-12-04 20:24:31 UTC
Hello,

Urjtag is already in Debian.

The previous maintainer asked for adaption by a new maintainer.
( https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=796820 )

It is me who is stepping forward.
( https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=796820#35 )

With this e-mail introduce I myself.

Geert Stappers Linux System engineer as day job, at night also computer
and electronics related stuff. Earlier in my career I did electronic
design. an upcoming hobby projects will be my first encounter with JTAG.

I want to do that with a recent version of urjtag in Debian.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
Leven en laten leven
Benjamin Henrion
2016-12-05 07:41:49 UTC
Post by Geert Stappers
Hello,
Urjtag is already in Debian.
The previous maintainer asked for adaption by a new maintainer.
( https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=796820 )
It is me who is stepping forward.
( https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=796820#35 )
With this e-mail introduce I myself.
Geert Stappers Linux System engineer as day job, at night also computer
and electronics related stuff. Earlier in my career I did electronic
design. an upcoming hobby projects will be my first encounter with JTAG.
I want to do that with a recent version of urjtag in Debian.
We should make a release at some point, 0.10 is way too old.
--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-3500762

dani

Geert Stappers
2016-12-06 21:14:36 UTC
Post by dani
Post by Benjamin Henrion
Post by Geert Stappers
I want to do that with a recent version of urjtag in Debian.
We should make a release at some point, 0.10 is way too old.
A new release with what's currently in snapshots would be great.
It is urjtag_0.10+r2052 that I'm packaging.

Geert Stappers
Leven en laten leven
Kolja Waschk
2017-02-09 18:56:37 UTC
Post by Benjamin Henrion
We should make a release at some point, 0.10 is way too old.
Plan:

1. Apply some waiting *easy* patches with bugfixes and enhancements, as
I find them in the Tracker on SF or in forks out there (pointers to
others welcome; I can look at ADI and on github for urjtag but are there
more? Which are most interesting / enhanced?)

2. Release

3. Apply more patches, after discussions and probably some iterations to
get the issue/code/etc. right

Or should we postpone release 2. after 3.? Now that, as far as I
understand, it's probably too late to rush a release targetted for
Debian experimental ... so "we have time"?

Regarding git & github, I won't object to move there because that's
certainly a good way to go; but at the moment, I'd rather like to spend
on working on the issues (in SF tracker, and with SVN) and *later* spend
time on migration... Does this sound reasonable?

Regards,
Kolja
Mr. K. Waschk - Hamburg - Germany
Nick B
Geert Stappers
2017-02-12 16:41:02 UTC
Post by Kolja Waschk
Post by Benjamin Henrion
[...]
Yes, start with 1. I would like to help with that.

Bug #110 https://sourceforge.net/p/urjtag/bugs/110/ is low hanging fruit.

It has a patch which I want to apply.

Could Source Forge account 'stappers' be added to the priviledged users
of the urjtag project? Or if account 'stappers' should allready be able
to do so, please tell.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
Leven en laten leven
Kolja Waschk
2017-02-12 16:56:41 UTC
Post by Geert Stappers
Yes, start with 1. I would like to help with that.
New milestones "0.10" and "0.17" have been defined to sort out what has
been done in 0.10, since then, and what can be done quickly (or already
has been done) for a release soon.

I'm currently browsing through the issues; there are more with no easy
applicable fix than I hoped..
Post by Geert Stappers
a patch which I want to apply.
You're welcome, I've added you to the 'Developers' of UrJTAG.
SVN commit should be allowed now.

Regards,
Kolja
Geert Stappers
2017-02-13 20:05:11 UTC
Post by Geert Stappers
a patch which I want to apply.
You're welcome, I've added you to the 'Developers' of UrJTAG.
SVN commit should be allowed now.
Yes, `svn commit` did work.

Closing #110 was not possible for the stappers account.
Most likely is 'close ticket' part of "edit"
According https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Tickets/#creating-and-editing-tickets
is it another privilege setting.

Groeten
Geert Stappers